Back to Projects School of Ecumenics + Loyola Institute
The project involved the comprehensive refurbishment of the old TCD Physiology Building, a historic structure built in 1879. The building had been modified over the years including the insertion of an additional floor and the connection to the later Zoology building.
The building now provides new accommodation for the Irish School of Ecumenics and the Loyola Institute.
Work included the complete replacement of all services, insertion of an access lift and external platform lift as well as redesign of internal layouts to provide offices, lecture spaces and universally accessible accommodation.
The project provided pleasant, well-lit spaces in a tempered environment while avoiding the need for demolition and further waste of resources.